CUNY Citizenship Now! is looking for an intern to assist in day to day operations at the City College Immigration Center. Duties include: making and confirming appointments, scanning and filing documents and all necessary duties required by staff. Commitment is for at least 3 months at 12 hrs per week during regular business hours and days.
- Fluent in Spanish and English
- Able to operate office equipment
- Computer proficient
- Must have pleasant phone manners and present professional attitude towards participants and staff
- Ability to establish priorities and take initiative
If you are interested, send a cover letter and resume to Stephanie Delia at firstname.lastname@example.org by September 15, 2017.
The CUNY LGBTQI Student Leadership program will bring together students to cultivate the next generation of LGBTQI leaders. Through a year-long leadership training experience, students will have the opportunity to focus on leadership and personal development, civic and community engagement and social networking opportunities with LGBTQI industry and community leaders.
- Currently enrolled CUNY undergraduate students
- Identify within the LGBTQI spectrum
For the complete description of this great opportunity and application, see -> CUNY LGBTQI Student Leadership Program Application_Fall2017
Global Nomad Groups, a collection of people working to foster dialogue and understanding among the world’s youth, is looking to fill various internship positions! Positions include:
- Communications & Branding Intern
- Production Intern
- Graphic Design Intern
- Research & Evaluation Intern
- Virtual Reality Inter
- Operations Intern
- Development Intern
- Curricular Innovation Intern
Time Commitment: 15-20 hours per week for 10-12 weeks from September through December.
Deadlines for all positions is September 25th, 2017.
For more information and job descriptions, see the postings –> Fall 2017 Postings
As the name implies, there is no essay required! In fact, the winner of $2,000 is drawn by random and then contacted by Niche (the scholarship sponsor). Applicants need only create an account with Niche to be drawn into the lottery which will be drawn by September 15th.
- Open to all high school, college and graduate students
- Legal resident of the U.S
- Must attend or plan to enroll in college classes within 12 months
See the following for the complete list of rules HERE
To apply, click HERE
The Buenas Opiniones’ Scholarship for Latino Students is for graduating Latino high school seniors or those who are currently enrolled undergraduate or graduate students. Recipients are awarded $2,500 per year for up to four years.
Submit a 500 – 1,000 word essay on your struggles as a Latino student via a PDF (.pdf) file to email@example.com with your full name, email address, Hispanic country or origin, school name, and area of study.
- You must be of Hispanic Heritage
- You must have a minimum of 3.0 GPA on a 4.0 scale (or equivalent)
- You must plan to enroll in a technical, undergraduate or graduate school during SPRING or FALL of scholarship cycle year
- Merit-based scholarships available for undergraduate and graduate students
- All majors and graduate fields accepted
- Scholarship awards are $2,500 per application period
If you have questions, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information, visit: https://buenasopiniones.com/scholarship/
Do you have something to say to the world? Unigo is offering a $1,500 scholarship for students to express their opinion in a short essay. The Shout It Out committee is looking for people who have something to say to the world. It can be as simple as “hi mom” or “college is a struggle.”
- Be thirteen (13) years of age or older at the time of application
- Be legal residents of the fifty (50) United States or the District of Columbia
- Be currently enrolled (or enroll no later than the fall of 2023) in an accredited post-secondary institution of higher education
“If you could say one thing to the entire world at once, what would it be and why?” (250 words or less)
The application can be found here