WHO ARE THE SASP PEER SUCCESS COACHES?
SASP Peer Success Coaches are successful John Jay students who provide guidance and support to freshmen, sophomores, and transfer students in SASP programs (e.g., Adelante, Early Start, Transfer Seminars). They work closely with faculty and staff to ensure that students have a meaningful, successful, and fun Academic Journey!
WHY SHOULD I BECOME A SASP PEER SUCCESS COACH?
- Help students succeed at John Jay
- Develop and improve professional skills
- Join a high-achieving and supportive team of colleagues
- Gain access to networking opportunities and recommendation letters
- Receive priority registration
- Earn academic credit
- Earn money while working on campus–$11/hour
WHAT ARE THE REQUIREMENTS?
- Full-time John Jay student
- 3.0 cumulative GPA
- Available to work at least 10 hours per week between 8am–5:30pm during the semester
- Available to complete the Peer Success Coach Training Courses: CSL 210 and CSL 211
- Ability to attend all trainings and staff meetings