The McNair program at John Jay College, is looking for scholars who are interested in pursuing a graduate degree. The McNair program’s goal is to increase the amount of underrepresented students in graduate programs, with the ultimate goal of pursuing a PhD, through the use of creating and completing an original research project. Perks include:
- Information about gradate school and admission requirements
- Yearly stipend of $2,000
- FREE GRE prep
- Countless networking opportunities
- Opportunities to travel out of state
- A Faculty mentor in your discipline
- Genuine interest in pursuing a doctoral degree;
- U.S. Citizenship or Permanent Residency;
- 3.0 or better grade point average;
- Upper Sophomore or Junior rank (i.e., 60-75 credits completed);
- Low-income background, first generation college student and/or a member of a group under represented in graduate education (especially African American, Hispanic, Native American and Pacific Islander).
Having a graduate degree creates more opportunities for career options along with an increased salary.
Applications are accepted on a rolling basis. That is, the McNair program will continue to admit scholars until all of their slots are filled. A compete application includes the application itself, two letters of recommendation and an unofficial transcript.
If you are interested, please visit the official page of the McNair program at John Jay which includes more information and the application itself, by clicking here