The Gender Justice Advocates program for the 2016-2017 year is now accepting applications! The program is a yearlong paid opportunity where students will learn about gender justice advocacy and issues by assisting the Women’s Center for Gender Justice with implementing educational programs. On top of helping to implement educational programs, Gender Justice Advocates will meet with leaders in the forefront of promoting gender equity work throughout New York City.
If you are interested in gender justice issues involving domestic violence, education, reproductive rights, equal pay, and LGBTQ rights then the Gender Justice Advocates program is for you!
- Open to all undergraduates
- Minimum 2.5 GPA for sophomores and beyond
- Enthusiasm for gender advocacy
- Desire to learn about gender-based programs, policies and resources
- Ability to commit to the program for one academic year and fulfill the duties as listed below
Gender Justice Advocates Roles & Responsibilities
- Participate in weekly Gender Justice Meetings
- Attend a minimum of 2 events sponsored by the WCGJ each semester
- Attend at least 2 site visits each semester to learn about community partners and leaders engaged in gender-equity work
- Attend mandatory weekly meetings on Tuesdays
- Work collaboratively with the WCGJ staff to develop, implement and evaluate programming for the Spring Semester
- Promote the WCGJ mission and events through tabling and social media
- Work at least 5 hours per week in the Women’s Center for Gender Justice
Advocates will receive a 500 dollar stipend per semester.
For more information or to apply follow the link provided: http://bit.ly/jjaygenderjustice