The application deadline to become an AmeriCorps member at City Year is near! AmeriCorps members help provided academic, emotional and social support to students in high poverty areas. They facilitate community projects, activities and after school clubs for students to participate in. During the 11-month commitment, AmeriCorps members will develop leadership skills, learn to develop plans to meet needs and measure the impact of programs, hone public speaking skills, and learning to collaborate with a diverse team to complete goals.
- living stipend of $564 bi-weekly
- Health insurance
- Discounts on everyday products and services from a wide range of local businesses
- Will be eligible to earn the Segal Education Award (valued at $5,734) at the completion of your service year
- Membership in Alumni Network
- Have a high school diploma, GED, some college, or a college degree
- Be able to dedicate 11 months to full-time service
- Be between the ages of 18 and 25
- Be a U.S. citizen or legal permanent resident
- Have served no more than 3 terms in another AmeriCorps, NCCC or VISTA program
- Agree to a background or security check
* Previous experiences with service, tutoring, mentoring and leadership help strengthen candidacy.
Deadline: April 30th