The Latinas on the Verge of Excellence (L.O.V.E) program is now excepting applications! This program is a yearlong commitment from September to May requiring mentors to make weekly high school campus visits in either the Bronx, Queens, Manhattan or Brooklyn.
L.O.V.E mentors will help students excel in school through sessions focused on developing strong study skills, self- empowerment and increasing college readiness. While helping mentees, Mentors will gain valuable experience in leadership and communication. If you are interested in supporting Latina students through their high school experience, this is an excellent opportunity for you.
- University female student
- GPA: 3.0 and above
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Creative capacity
- Strong organizational, project management and presentation skills
- Be proficient in Word and Excel
- Be available a minimum of 10 hours per week
- Commit to work for the organization for a semester
To apply for the L.O.V.E. internship, please send a resume and cover letter to Claudia Espinosa, at email@example.com
If you have any additional questions, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information check out the attachment below: