The Science Undergraduate Laboratory Internship (SULI) program helps undergraduate students to pursue STEM careers by participating as interns in one of 17 participating DOE laboratories/facilities where they perform research, under a faculty mentor.
Internship appointments are 10 weeks long for the Summer Term (May through August) or 16 weeks long for the Fall (August through December) and Spring (January through May) Terms. Note: Not all DOE laboratories/facilities offer internships during the Fall and Spring Terms.
- Must have an undergraduate cumulative minimum Grade Point Average (GPA) of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale for all completed courses as a matriculating student.
- Must be 18 years or older at the time the internship begins.
- Must be a United States Citizen or Permanent Resident Alien at the time of applying.
- Proof of U.S. Citizenship or Permanent Resident Alien.
- Applicants are limited to participation in the SULI program to no more than two internships.
- Applicants can apply to the SULI program a maximum of three times.
Deadline: Friday, October 7, 2016 at 5:00PM ET