NYC Men Teach aims to improve the diversity of the NYC teaching workforce by adding 1,000 male teachers of color into the teacher pipeline by 2018. NYC Men Teach have a commitment to educating and supporting students in urban schools, and they work to highlight the importance of deep clinical, culturally-relevant and restorative practice.
Stop by at their upcoming info session (2/16; L.74.02) to learn more about this unique program. At the info session you will, learn more about the eligibility requirements, benefits, and to access the information session date. click here for the flyer!
- An interest in becoming a NYS Certified teacher
- 3.0 GPA minimum
- Experience/Work in urban communities
- Committed to working/teaching in NYC public schools
- Dedicated advisement and academic support
- Monthly Metrocards
- Free Certification Exam Practice Tests
To access the application, click HERE.