This scholarship is open to students studying behavioral health, counseling, psychology, social work, nursing, and related sciences. The American Additions Centers (AAA) is a resource that help individuals overcome the obstacle of addiction in the hopes of being able to have a healthy long term life. Scholarship awards consist of:
- 1st place: $5,000
- 2nd place $2,500
- 3rd place: $2,500
- In the form of a first-person essay, answer the question below in no more than 500 words
- Submit an application here
- High School graduates as of Summer 2017
- Open to full or part-time college undergraduate or graduate students
- Enrolled or entering an academic program in nursing, counseling, psychology, social work, marriage/family therapy, or other curriculum that focuses on treating mental health and substance use disorders.
In your chosen area of Behavioral Science study, what do you see as current challenges for getting individuals into addiction treatment? What are your suggestions for how to fix this problem?