HENAAC’s mission is to keep America technologically strong by promoting Science, Technology, Engineering and Math careers especially in under-served communities. This scholarship is open to undocumented students. If awarded, scholars will receive a scholarship between $500 to $10,000, listing in the HENAAC STEM Career Conference issue of TECHNiCA Magazine and press release, and transportation support to the HENAAC Conference, where awardees are presented their scholarship. The 2017 HENAAC Conference will he held in Pasadena, CA from October 18 – 22, 2017.
- Applicants must demonstrate merit through academic achievements, leadership and campus/community activities
- Applicants must be pursuing a science, technology, engineering or math degree
- Applicants must have an overall grade point average of 3.0 or higher on a 4.0 scale
- Applicants must be of Hispanic origin and/or must significantly demonstrate leadership or service within the Hispanic community
- Recipients must be enrolled in an accredited undergraduate or graduate program for the preceding fall semester, at an accredited 2-yr or 4-yr college/university in the U.S. or its territories.
- Application must have applied, enrolled or graduating from a STEM program
- Application, found here
- A 700-word essay based on a predetermined topic
- Current resume
- One peer letter of recommendation from a friend, classmate, lab partner, roommate, teammate, or fellow member of a campus or community organization
- One faculty letter of recommendation from a faculty, teacher, mentor, advisor, counselor, principal, or dean
- Official transcript with the seal of your college or high school (Transcripts must be in English)
- Self-photo (used for publication purposes only)
If there are any questions about the scholarship, you can email Dr. Gary Cruz at email@example.com