The Jaime Lucero Mexican Studies Institute at CUNY is proud to offer scholarships of up to $6530 to current and prospective CUNY undergraduate and graduate students. Scholarship winners are selected based on academic achievement, financial need, and commitment to service in the Mexican and/or immigrant community. The fellowship will cover the student’s tuition for the remaining years left until graduation. Students being considered for the fellowship will be required to participate in an interview.
If accepted, students must 0comply with the following conditions may result in the suspension or revocation of scholarship award and future eligibility.
- Undergraduate students are expected to enroll full time (more than 12 credits per term).
- Remain in good standing and maintain a GPA of 3.0.
- Attend a series of professional and leadership workshops.
- Complete a 200-hour internship in an affiliated nonprofit institution.
- Participate in community events throughout the year.
- Host one CUNY BECAS Promotional Workshop
- Write one blog post about CUNY BECAS Experience
- Have graduated or will graduate from high school or have earned or will earn a high school equivalency diploma by the end of the 2017-2018 academic year
- Intend to enroll full time in an associate or baccalaureate program at a CUNY Campus in Fall 2018 AND Spring 2019
- Must demonstrate significant financial need
How to Apply:
- Completed application form
- Upload your most recent transcript (can be an unofficial student copy)
- Upload two essays, 750-word max each
- Upload resume
- Provide one reference for a letter recommendation
- December 6, 2017 – Application Opens
- March 1, 2018, 11:59PM. EST- Application Closes
- Late April – Awardees Notified
- Late May – Award Ceremony, recipients must attend
Have more questions? Visit their website at http://www.lehman.cuny.edu/cuny-mexican-studies-institute/scholarships.php or send an email to email@example.com