Dream Summer 2017 is open to both highly involved social justice leaders and those who wish to begin or strengthen their involvement in social justice. Dream Summer participants are placed in social justice organizations for 10 weeks for additional training. Dream Summer fellows work closely with their host organization to incorporate and strengthen the inclusion of undocumented immigrant issues onto the organization’s social justice work. Dream Summer participants receive a $5,000 fellowship for their participation in the program.
- At least 18 years of age by June 19, 2017.
- An interest and commitment to social justice.
- Full-time availability from Monday, June 19th, to Sunday, August 20, 2017.
- Available to travel on Sunday, June 18 to attend the orientation retreat hosted in Los
Angeles from Monday, June 19, to Friday, June 23, 2017.
- Available to travel on Thursday, August 17 to attend the closing retreat hosted in Los Angeles from Friday, August 18, to Sunday, August 20, 2017.
- Submit online application form by 11:59 PM PST, Friday, March 10, 2017. The notification deadline is rolling: April ~ May 2017.
After completing online application questions, you will be prompted to upload your resume, letter of recommendation and prompt responses. The prompts can be found here.
For updates please check their website: labor.ucla.edu/what-we-do/dream-resource-center