The Congressional Hispanic Caucus Institute (CHCI) is a non-profit and non-partisan organization that is dedicated to providing leadership development programs and educational services to students and young emerging Latino leaders. The fellowship includes a congressional office internship placement in Washington D.C.! Obtain leadership training and expand your network while receiving benefits (Domestic round-trip transportation to Washington, D.C., Housing, $3,750 stipend, and academic credit). This is a very competitive and selective fellowship with generally only one position available per academic term.
Candidates for the CHCI Global Leaders Internship and Fellowship Program must meet the following requirements:
- Students must be currently enrolled full time and working towards their undergraduate degree.
- Full time undergraduate students, high academic achievement (preference of 3.0 GPA or above)
- Superior analytical and writing skills
- Active participation in public and/or community service activities
- Applicants must be U.S. citizens, lawful permanent residents, asylees, or individuals who are lawfully authorized to work full-time without restriction for any U.S. employer and who, at the time of application, possess lawful evidence of employment authorization.
- Individuals who are seeking consideration under the “Deferred Action for Childhood Arrival” (DACA) policy must possess an Employment Authorization Document at the time of application that is valid through the duration of the program.
- All individuals are welcome to apply. However, preference will be given to individuals with financial need.
The deadline for this fellowship depends on your timeline for interning:
- Spring 2019: January 28 – April 19, 2019 (12 weeks), deadline 10/15/18
- Summer 2019: May 28 – August 2, 2019 (10 weeks), deadline 12/01/18
- Fall 2019: August 26 – November 15, 2019 (12 weeks), deadline 02/15/19
To find out more about this amazing fellowship, go to: https://chci.org/programs/congressional-internship-program/eligibility-program-details/
Posted by: Christian Narvaez