The New York State Youth Leadership Council (NYSYLC) awards students $500-$1000 who aspire to further their education, express interest in social justice, and continue to support immigrant rights movement. Success comes from all parts of the world. Represent where you come from proudly!
2018 marks the 9th year the NYSYLC Scholarship Awards Program will provide monetary support to youth, regardless of their immigration status.
- Must be a resident of NYC and attend school in New York
- Must be a graduating high school senior, have a High School or GED/HSE/TASC™ diploma and planning to attend college in the Spring; OR current undergraduate student
- Volunteer 10 hours with the NYSYLC
- Attend the awards ceremony in NYC (details TBD).
- Submit resume, personal statement, statement of financial need, and letter of recommendation
- Awardees will be selected based on community involvement, financial need and commitment to the immigrant rights movement.
*Note* There are additional requirements. For more information, please click here: https://www.nysylc.org/scholarship
Student Online Application:
Deadline: All applications MUST be submitted by July 18th, 2017.