The Young Latinas Leadership Institute (YLLI) was created to help prepare young Latinas to excel academically and professionally, create positive social change, and meet some of the major challenges occurring in our society. The YLLI provides selected applicants with an annual tuition scholarship award of $1,000 for each undergraduate year.
- Latina student currently enrolled in an accredited 4-year college or university as a full-time, degree-seeking, first year student
- U.S. citizen or U.S. permanent resident
- Cumulative high school GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher throughout the 4 year undergraduate program
- Official transcripts submitted 2 times each year (Fall and Spring semester)
- Participate in the annual YLLI Award Ceremony; 2 annual workshops sponsored by 100HW National, INC. and/or 10 hours of service to the organization
What You Will Need to Submit:
- Application Parts I & II, Signed Disclosure Agreement, Submission Checklist
- Current completed FAFSA
- Current resume
- Official high school transcript
- Current official college or university enrollment letter
- 2 letters of recommendation that evaluate demonstrated community service, volunteer and leadership activities
To learn more or to access the application, click HERE.
Deadline: December 11, 2017
The Caucus CUNY Scholars Program is an internship program for students who want to learn about how the Black, Puerto Rican, Hispanic & Asian Legislative Caucus operates.
Selected students will be will be assigned to the district offices of New York State legislators who are members of the Black, Puerto Rican, Hispanic & Asian Legislative Caucus. They will work on constituent case management, legislative research and assistance, on top other responsibilities. Additionally, students will be enrolled in campus-based seminars with CUNY faculty, in addition to regular meetings with members of the Caucus and their staff.
Selected students will also attend the Black, Puerto Rican, Hispanic & Legislative Caucus weekend in Albany, as well as other events sponsored by CUNY and the Caucus.
- Students must be able to intern 10-15 hours per week
- Students must have completed 30 credits
- Students must have a minimum 3.0 GPA
- All majors may apply
To learn more or to apply, click HERE.
The Buenas Opiniones’ Scholarship for Latino Students is for graduating Latino high school seniors or those who are currently enrolled undergraduate or graduate students. Recipients are awarded $2,500 per year for up to four years.
Submit a 500 – 1,000 word essay on your struggles as a Latino student via a PDF (.pdf) file to email@example.com with your full name, email address, Hispanic country or origin, school name, and area of study.
- You must be of Hispanic Heritage
- You must have a minimum of 3.0 GPA on a 4.0 scale (or equivalent)
- You must plan to enroll in a technical, undergraduate or graduate school during SPRING or FALL of scholarship cycle year
- Merit-based scholarships available for undergraduate and graduate students
- All majors and graduate fields accepted
- Scholarship awards are $2,500 per application period
If you have questions, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information, visit: https://buenasopiniones.com/scholarship/