The CUNY Becas program of the Jaime Lucero Mexican Studies Institute offers scholarships to CUNY undergraduate and graduate students who have little or no access to other funding sources. CUNY Becas does not discriminate based on immigration status so undocumented students can encouraged to apply. The scholarship can only be used for tuition and it covers up to $6,330.
- Academic achievement
- Financial need
- Commitment to service in the Mexican community.
- Completed application form
- Most recent transcript, can be an unofficial student copy
- Two short essays of one-page max each
- a personal statement with attention to your community service within the Mexican community
- a financial statement that explains why you would benefit from being awarded CUNY Becas. If applicable, discuss any unusual personal or family circumstances.
- A letter of recommendation and recommendation form
Click HERE to learn more information about CUNY Becas or to access the application.