The Young Latinas Leadership Institute (YLLI) was created to help prepare young Latinas to excel academically and professionally, create positive social change, and meet some of the major challenges occurring in our society. The YLLI provides selected applicants with an annual tuition scholarship award of $1,000 for each undergraduate year.
- Latina student currently enrolled in an accredited 4-year college or university as a full-time, degree-seeking, first year student
- U.S. citizen or U.S. permanent resident
- Cumulative high school GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher throughout the 4 year undergraduate program
- Official transcripts submitted 2 times each year (Fall and Spring semester)
- Participate in the annual YLLI Award Ceremony; 2 annual workshops sponsored by 100HW National, INC. and/or 10 hours of service to the organization
What You Will Need to Submit:
- Application Parts I & II, Signed Disclosure Agreement, Submission Checklist
- Current completed FAFSA
- Current resume
- Official high school transcript
- Current official college or university enrollment letter
- 2 letters of recommendation that evaluate demonstrated community service, volunteer and leadership activities
To learn more or to access the application, click HERE.
Deadline: December 11, 2017