Living Environment and Writing/ELA Tutor
Masa works with Mexican and Latino immigrant children, youth, and families in the South Bronx to develop strong learners and leaders who fully participate in and contribute to the larger community.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Create curriculum, present drafts well in advance to the Youth Program Associate for review, and make revisions as needed
- Implement lesson plans in a group setting
- Provide 1-to-1 tutoring to students in the program
- Provide feedback on student progress and/or concerns to Youth Program Associate on a timely basis
- MUST be available on Wednesdays from 4:30-7 PM
- Experience tutoring in Living Environment and Writing
- Experience facilitating group discussions
- Comfortable working in a dynamic environment; extremely independent and goal-oriented
- Extremely positive, patient, and understanding; able to build rapport and trust with youth
- Excellent administrative, time management, and organizational skills; computer-savvy
- Comfortable with providing tutoring in Math/Algebra a plus
Approximately 5.5 hours/week, including Wednesdays from 4:30-7 PM
How to apply:
Send your resume and a brief cover letter explaining why you are a good fit for this role to email@example.com.
To learn more about this opportunity, click HERE.