Dish Promotions is having a writing contest and the winner will be awarded with a $1,000 scholarship.
Applicants must answer in 600 to 1000 words, the following:
Explain what makes watching a sporting event live more valuable than watching it pre-recorded, and why this is different from most other programming.
Additionally, two professional sources are required (Wikipedia does not count as a professional source). Also, all applicants must use perma.cc if they choose to use online sources and use MLA citation style for their work. *Citations will not be included in the word count limit.*
To learn more about this opportunity or to access the application, click HERE.
The CUNY 311 Project is hiring students!
– Answer incoming calls within the 24-hour/7-day/week operation in a professional and courteous manner.
– Maintain customer satisfaction.
– Identify customers’ needs and assist accordingly.
– Enter call data into a computerized tracking system.
– Perform routine clerical work such as copying, filing and faxing as needed.
– Collaborate with DoITT and CUNY Program staff as needed.
**Please visit the Center for Career and Professional Development for possible opportunities of obtaining academic credit using this experience.**
• Currently a student in good standing at a City University of New York college and graduating no sooner than December 2017.
• Undergraduate students, at time of application, must hold a GPA of 2.5 or higher, and maintain enrollment in at least 6 credits while working with CUNY 311.
• Graduate students, at time of application, must hold a GPA of 3.0 or higher, and maintain enrollment in at least 3 credits while working with CUNY 311.
• Be available 18 hours per week for three 6 hour shifts.
• Have strong computer skills and be proficient with Internet.
• Have excellent telephone etiquette and communication skills.
• Be proficient in English and have strong reading and writing skills.
• Only students with strong attendance and punctuality skills should apply.
If you are interested in learning more about this opportunity or to apply, log into your John Jay Careers Online account and look for JOB ID: 24556.