Dish Promotions is having a writing contest and the winner will be awarded with a $1,000 scholarship.
Applicants must answer in 600 to 1000 words, the following:
Explain what makes watching a sporting event live more valuable than watching it pre-recorded, and why this is different from most other programming.
Additionally, two professional sources are required (Wikipedia does not count as a professional source). Also, all applicants must use perma.cc if they choose to use online sources and use MLA citation style for their work. *Citations will not be included in the word count limit.*
To learn more about this opportunity or to access the application, click HERE.
The 100 Hispanic Women National, Inc. (100HW) Young Latinas Leadership Institute (YLLI) provides financial assistance and leadership development to young Latinas in undergraduate programs who excel academically, demonstrate capacity to lead and serve, and are committed to social change. Eligible candidates are provided with an annual tuition scholarship award of $1,000 in each undergraduate year.
- Latina student currently enrolled in an accredited four-year college or university as a full-time, degree seeking, first-year student
- U.S. citizen or U.S. permanent resident
- Official high school transcript
- Recent completed Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher throughout the four-year undergraduate program
- Official transcripts submitted two times each year (Fall and Spring Semesters)
- Participate in two annual workshops sponsored by 100HW National, Inc. and annual YLLI Award Ceremony
To learn more about the opportunity or to access the application click here.
For any questions or concerns visit their website (100hispanicwomen.org) or contact 100WH at:
100 Hispanic Women National, Inc
413 East 120th Street, Suite 314 New York, NY 10035
Submission Deadline: December 20, 2016