The Kairos Learning Community provides academic help and support for the Sunset Park youth community. They offer one-on-one tutoring, after school homework help, summer academic programs and test prep.
They are currently seeking part-time academic tutors to work with students from Pre-K through High School for the following subjects:
Note: All academic tutors must speak Spanish!
Please send your resume via email or drop in to one of their offices.
Address 1: 420 42nd Street, Brooklyn NY 11232.
Phone #1: 347-689-3353
Address 2: 6207 5th Avenue, Brooklyn NY 11220
Phone #2: 347-844-9233
Click HERE to view their flyer.
Living Environment and Writing/ELA Tutor
Masa works with Mexican and Latino immigrant children, youth, and families in the South Bronx to develop strong learners and leaders who fully participate in and contribute to the larger community.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Create curriculum, present drafts well in advance to the Youth Program Associate for review, and make revisions as needed
- Implement lesson plans in a group setting
- Provide 1-to-1 tutoring to students in the program
- Provide feedback on student progress and/or concerns to Youth Program Associate on a timely basis
- MUST be available on Wednesdays from 4:30-7 PM
- Experience tutoring in Living Environment and Writing
- Experience facilitating group discussions
- Comfortable working in a dynamic environment; extremely independent and goal-oriented
- Extremely positive, patient, and understanding; able to build rapport and trust with youth
- Excellent administrative, time management, and organizational skills; computer-savvy
- Comfortable with providing tutoring in Math/Algebra a plus
Approximately 5.5 hours/week, including Wednesdays from 4:30-7 PM
How to apply:
Send your resume and a brief cover letter explaining why you are a good fit for this role to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To learn more about this opportunity, click HERE.